Pages

Followers

Monday, November 1, 2010

New Start - Rules, Food, Exercise, Pictures, You're Opinion


A new month, a new start. Isn't that how it always is? How many of you are starting a new "diet" or "plan" today? Well, count me in.

Thankfully, uni is finished! I still have three exams to study for, but in four weeks I'll be done.

So, here's what I've got so far:
  • Drink diet pepsi and water only
  • Take diet pills before eating
  • Exercise

My "safe" food choices:
  • one egg
  • one banana
  • one apple (peeled, sliced: 53 cals)
  • strawberries (4 cals each)
  • raspberries (1 cal each)
  • grapes (2 cals each)

I'm also considering getting some low fat yogurt.

So, that's all for during the day. At night, I have to eat dinner with my family, so I will ask for smaller portions.

For exercise, I shall use my treadmil and crunches. Also, my research has come up with these sets of exercises, all which can be done in your bedroom:
  • 3 sets of 10 desk push ups - put arms straight out on the edge of the desk and lean diagonally. Push down so arms form a 90 degree angle, hold for 1 second, and return to starting position.
  • 3 sets of 20 stadium runs - place arms shoulder width apart on the ground and legs behind, as if in a push up position. Bring left leg to chest, hold for 1 second then return to starting position. Bring right leg to chest, hold for 1 second, then return to starting position. Be sure to keep abs tight.
  • 3 sets of 20 jumping jacks - I sure hope we all know what jumping jacks are lol
  • 3 sets of 20 sit ups - take your largest/heaviest text book, medicine ball or dumb bell, get into a sit up position and hold arms with weight over your head. Doing the sit up, raise your arms with the weight keeping your arms by your ears. Hold for 1 second and return to starting position. Be sure to keep abs tight.
  • 3 sets of 15 squats - Place feet shoulder width apart, arms straight out in front of your body. Lower your body as if sitting down into a chair, legs forming nearly a 90 degree angle, hold for 1 second and return to the starting position.
  • 3 sets of 10 back crunches - Lay on the floor. curl your legs to your belly button, and use your lower abs to push your knees to your chest. It REALLY works out your lower abs!
  • 3 sets of 15 step-ups - You can use any little stool you have.)
  • 2 sets of 20 back kicks - Twenty each leg, just kick backwards. Works out your butt.
  • 2 sets of 10 side leg lifts - Lie on right side with right leg bent on floor, left leg extended, hips stacked on top of each other. Support you head with right hand, and place left hand in front of chest. With hips aligned, raise left leg as high as possible. Keep left knee facing front. Repeat on left side.
  • 2 sets of 10 leg splits - Lie on back, legs raised at right angle to hips, knees slightly bent. Position hands under lower back, palms down for support. Tuck stomach muscles in tight and swing legs out in a wide V. Don't flap them open loosely; stay in control of this motion. Slowly return to beginning position.
  • 2 sets of 10 backward leg raises - Kneel with knees together, forearms on floor, back straight, head lifted. Tuck stomach muscles in tight. Keeping knees bent at right angle, raise left leg up behind you to hip level. Slowly return to beginning position.
  • 2 sets of 10 leg raises - Lie flat on your back, then use your abs to lift your legs straight up to 90°. Lower legs until they're a few inches off the floor, but don't let them touch it. Lift legs again. Do 3 sets of 20.
So, take what you will from this.

Now, some of my favourite thinspo:









I'll be commented on blogs today and tomorrow! I feel like I've missed so much, so I can't wait to catch up.

If you're looking for people to follow, definitely check out the blogs of those that comment on my posts. Highly recommended! Each of them are supportive, and also wonderfully interesting.

Also, here is a thinspo background I just made. Click it, save it and make it your background if you like.


And, to get emails when someone comments on your posts, follow these steps!
  • Settings
  • Comments
  • Comment Notification Email (down the bottom of the comment page)
  • Add your email, and you're done
Hope you're all well.

22 comments:

Alex said...

Hey! Glad to hear from you :) I love having the start of a month to start a fresh, and your new plan sounds awesome, might have to steal a few of those exercises hah :) Hope you're well and that uni was good. Stay strong <3 xx

Eloise18 said...

good luck girlie! I think EVERYONE is thinking 'new start, new start, new start' today because of that OCD within all of us that thinks it's special when Monday is the first day of the month :P
Go you with all the exercise and super good food plan! xxx

robyngabrielle said...

Loving this positive attitude! And just like the lovely lady above me said - it's extra special when the first of the month is a Monday.

Embrace it!

xxx

Dani said...

good luck hunny
i love all the exercises and the new rules are great
stay strong

if life gives you lemons, don't eat them said...

Great plan you have! Good luck with them!

x said...

I love love love you, I am printing those exercises as we speak!
Good luck beautiful! I know you can do it! x

Aja said...

Good luck this month! I loved the list of exercises, I think I'm gonna start doing them. I know you can do it. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

haha yep you guessed it i'm starting a new plan :) but like you i've just finished uni and summer is around the corner so there's no better time than now!
xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan! I am starting my own too lol, wasn't going to post it but you inspired me!
Thanks for the notification steps too!

Anonymous said...

Love the thinspo. I'm working on a new plan right now too, definitly gonna borrow some of your ideas :)
Stay strong girlie

Nei said...

You have amazing ideas! :) Yeah, I started a new diet today, really cos its the 1st November AND a monday! I have a sort of need to start a new diet on a monday or a friday.. and when I saw the date, I thought damn its perfect! GOOD LUCK! And stick to your plan!its too awesome to let down :)
The screen saver is perfect! thank you for that (:
Nei xx

Emry said...

Love the list of exercise ideas, & the thinspo! Lovely! Have a happy November!

Twigs Can Fly said...

Hey bubs, sorry it's been so long since I've spoken to you - my life has taken a series of dramatic turns xD.

It's epical that you're doing this new diet plan and such, but make sure you don't overwhelm yourself. We all know that shitty feeling, and you're worth more than it.

LOVEYOULIKEBINLADENLOVESBOMBS <3

Kandie said...

I'm doing something mid month for a change. Your plan looks awesome. Good luck!

annamaria said...

I'm glad you're starting something new! Good luck I'm sure November will be perfect :)
loved the thispo and awesome idea with the background.
lots of hugs*

Peridot (G+P) said...

Ooooh, thank you for those exercises! I'm currently gym-less until my new ink heals a bit more :(

Mich said...

Thanks for posting all those exercises. That's such an awesome list!!
xoxoxoxo

Kaylie said...

i love your thinspo! It's so fun! good luck with your fresh start <3

Peridot (G+P) said...

P.S

I've found the answer to one! 42, who woulds guessed it?

And another, yes tattoos hurt, but not as bad as some people make them out to be. And also, some guys WILL nail their own testicles to a board for $50. Holy fucking SHIT dude! 0.0

How are you? Are you having a good November??

Mia Hollow said...

thanks for the comment notification explanation thing :) helped me out a lot!
good luck with ur new plan! go u!
xxx

Sarah said...

background - stolen :)
thinspo - admired :)
you - love :)
sorry ive been mmissing for a while :|
<3

b. said...

Good luck on your new plan! Stay strong and beautiful :-)