Pages

Followers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

10/12/11


It is getting so close to Christmas, so quickly. When I think about it, this year has been incredible. Some good, some bad, and some ridiculous. I have realised something though:

For the first time in my life (since I can remember), I am happy.

For the first time, there are so few things that I need to worry about.

I do not have drama with anyone. I am on good terms with everyone. I adore meeting new people, and I love my work as a babysitter. It is strange to wake up in the morning, and not find a reason to stay in bed (other than when it is super warm).


To be honest, this post is mainly to make a note of when things seemed better. This blog that I started 5 years ago, has become a way to chronicle the events in my life. I am sure that when I go back through it (when I am old enough to have settled down with a family), I will be amazed at the things I went through, and the way that I finally overcame the crap. The things I wrote will most likely sound ridiculous to the 30-year-old me, but I believe this is important.


I started out writing as a way to clear my head, and find support from the people in the blogging community on my mental health and the other issues I had going on in my life.

From now, I think it will be more about the important things in my life. Probably less interesting, but I'm done with wasting my time and thoughts on useless, unhelpful situations.

7 comments:

xyzandme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xyzandme said...

You rock girl. =)
Ty for the reply and for those well wishes for my blog.

I just felt like you went through a little too much to realize some general stuff about life..

The most important thing in your life is YOU.

=)

P.S cool dresses.

Sarah said...

Saraahhh. Thank you for your comment on my blog :)
I am so happy that you are happy, because it always comes down to the little things. There is always a reason to smile :)

Anonymous said...

i love going back and looking at my very first posts, ive had my blog for 3 years now and i cant believe some of the things that i thought were such a big deal then. Im thinking that if i ever have a daughter and she starts going through some of the eating issues i did, i might show her some of my posts.

Jillian said...

Such a wonderful thing to wake up one day and realize that you are inexplicably happy, and that your life is in a good place. So happy for you Sarah :)

Peridot (G+P) said...

Yes! Keep the positive things. They're the ones that deserve the most emphasis. (Although, its good to remember how far we've managed to come in life, but we shouldn't make the bad things the be-all and end-all of life)

Holy fuck, 30 is only 5 years away! I'll still be too young to join the Ulysses Club, though :(

I hope you had a great weekend <3

~Nessa~ said...

Positivity is the key :) Loook at you go. You are truly an inspiration XOXO