I'm taking your advice and looking on the brighter side of life
Followers
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
They Got Nothin' On You Babe
It's just past 11pm, and I feel quite swell. My hair is to be coloured on Friday (I shall post pictures), and I have uni tomorrow. Good because it's psychology tomorrow, but bad because it's going to be pouring rain! Winter in Melbourne, Australia is so wet.
Oh, and I'm planning my birthday party! I'm having a nerd theme. :) Like, glasses and high pants. I've made a list of stuff I need to get. I'm also going to make jelly (jello) shots. How exciting. I'm thinking nametags, books, comics, pet roicks, old computer games, a type writer. "Nerdy" stuff like that. Any other ideas? My birthday isn't until late September, by the way. I always organise early. I guess that's why I always had my homework in on time.
I think I've decided to get back on track with food. I understand that it's not good to force myself to restrict and take control, but there's something inside me that wants me to. It's so hard to explain. Restriction was mainly a method of control, or a way to feel in control. Now that I'm so happy, I have no real need to have control over food, or anything else for that matter. I'm not quite sure what I plan on doing. Maybe start forcing myself to count calories. It's never fun having your head filled with numbers, but it might be fun. I'll keep you all updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
suspenders?
That so funny, im trying to get back on track with food to !
Your party sounds amazing !
my birthday is the 18th of september. which day is yours?
im lovin ur party idea :D:D
i get you with the control thing, i feel the same way
xxxxxxxxxx
Maybe DVDs of old geeky shows to have on in the background. Or play a game of pin the glasses on Urkel. Oh! Nerd Glasses will be awesome too.
That sounds like such a fun party!! I might have to steal that theme when I go back to my nerd school (because it's summer here in the US! ahhh that always totally weirds me out that it's winter in some places right now!)
Anyway, just from personal experience, calorie counting is a very good way to stay obsessed with food. So, if you're happy and loving life, just try to let yourself live free!! Numbers are just numbers, they don't actually exist :)
xoRoseox
ohmygoshness thats awesome I wanna come!!! Thats like the best theme ever! Wow its like 100 degrees here, I didn't know you were in Australia XD
i wanna come to ur party as well but damn im not in australia
but ur theme sounds great
Good luck with your new plan :) It sounds like a reasonable one.
I wish I could come to your psychology class with you, rain or not!
Counting calories keeps me calm. Round them up, or write them as times your on hands (230 cals = 2.30pm)
Trivial pursuit is nerdy, as are calculators and library cards. Physics and Chemistry?
that party sounds soooo fun! dont forget pocket protectors, ultimate nerd must have.
thank you!! (^.^)i wish you all the best birthday wishes!! early i know but still, hmmn, i like the idea of nerd glasses for the party, and pocket protectors, and tube socks.
thanks for the comment,
Elle
Pet roooooocks!! I'll head on down to the beach and find one to paint up! ^.^
Man you Aussies get it bad in the weather stakes! Sogggy or bushfires with no in between :(
Please excuse me while I go catch up on your blog :p You sound freakin' awesome!
xoxo!
Haha that theme sounds fun! :) And I'm excited to see photos of your hair :)
Let us know how the counting calories thing is working out for you, if you will do this.
+hugs+
nerd party!!! sounds fun!!!!
omygosh how scary was the wind last night???? I thought my roof was going to blow off!!!!! I couldn't sleep at all!!!
yayy new hair!!
Your party sounds so fun!!! The nerd theme is such a good idea!
Thanks for commenting on my blog! it means a lot.
What day is your birthday? I will be 18 on the 31st aug.
Can't wait to see your new hair!
xoxo
lol i was going to have a nerds and geeks party
Post a Comment