I hate it when people mention my ex. Just the sound of his name makes me die inside. I tried for so long to repress all my memories of him. I realise now that I can never fully wipe him out. There will always be something to remind me. Inspire me? I need to be told to accept my past, possibly forgive, and move on.
18 comments:
I don't know your personal situation... but I can tell you that, and this is gonna sound like a cliche, but in time it will get better. My ex was scum of the earth. I can't begin to tell you what he made my life like, I wasn't even alive when I was with him. He's dead now, of an accidental drug overdose, has been for over a year, and forgetting him and just knowing he hasn't got the satisfaction of being in my life helps me move on and forget him.
And I know this is different because secretly you might not want to forget him, but with distractions or maybe a new guy to focus on? :) Harley x
I remember the first time I was in love :/ and the only time actually. I've liked people since then but never anything deep..
It took me a while to get over him after knowing him for 6 months or over, we agreed on everything till I went through a few hard times and dumped him wanting to get my life back on track without distractions.
For a long while I would think I was finally over him only to find myself bursting out in tears a few minutes later. I can say now that I am 100% percent over him, I literally never thought I would be. We've spoken again on occasion but I don't feel any longing to do so again.
Not very motivational, but that's my story I guess.
It may hurt now but it does pass.
No matter how much we want to forget certain people or events, it will come back to us and affect us deeply. Don't even waste a single moment thinking about him. Only focus on yourself and make a great future for yourself. Be glad that he is out of your life and will never come back.
if u really truley loved him he will always b there in ur head adn ur heart u can try to forget hell u might even forget him for a while but the sucky thing is hun that he will always b there im sorry
idk about him and idk what happened but if he was a bad guy thenjsut stay away from him
You never really get over it. But you've found someone new. So enough, he will occupy all your thoughts. Just keep holing on <3
love is so lovely yet not.
hate/love relationship with love.
it's a scary thing.
We never forget certain people. In time, it won't hurt so much, but I think it will always hurt a little. The best we can do is try and turn that hurt into something positive - try and learn from the hurt, and look back on the things that made you happy without dwelling on the things that upset you. Forgiveness is one of the hardest things to do, but you'll get there when you're ready.
You're strong and beautiful! As cliche as it sounds, someone else will come along and sweep you off your feet, and while you won't forget your ex, you won't feel the same pain with those memories.
Thanks so much for the lovely birthday wishes!! You always know the right thing to say. If I'm a star, then you're a supernova. ;D
You'll think about him constantly. Until you realize about the reasons he is your ex, not your current boyfriend. You weren't right for each other. And one day, you'll find someone who makes you realize how much better you can have it. Believe me, cause its true!! Head up, smile on, and you've got this.
I still feel pangs towards people I've been with. Even if relationships go wrong, or have dark times, that doesn't invalidate the good times and the intense feelings. People evolve: we are colliding things. Some times are the right times to collide with certain people - sometimes we are stuck together for a time, sometimes it's a brief sudden collision then it's over.
It can hurt, yes, when the ending is still so recent and new. And there are sequences of emotions, and we don't always know what emotion will be next. We still love, we hate, we reflect and focus on the bad times, then on the good.
Eventually hopefully we can find a sense of peace, that it is ok to no longer be with them if part of us still wants to be. Or if we definately don't want to see them ever again and wish we had never been with them (or if they were just no good for us), we can reach a place where we accept that we were with them.
Truth be told I probably still love three people, all in the past now. For different reasons. They taught me, I taught them. We all leave little tracery marks on the people we connect with. It's like we are strange little maps carrying other people's secrets and impressions. And that's ok. It's ok to not permanently erase someone from ourselves.
People come and go, but sometimes we are together for the exact amount of time that we were meant to be together.
Someone once said to me "We get different things from different people".
Sometimes it's ok to feel sad. It's part of having been affected by someone. It's ok to feel.
ps. I quite like part-watching films. It's almost like a guilty pleasure.
the past is a part of your life and its what made you grow to be the person you are now. since, in my opinion, you are a great person, you should be proud of your past, present and future :D:D
xxxxxxxxxx
you just told yourself what u need to do :)
You are on the right track. All your past experiences have moulded you into what you are right now- and that is good! You are a good person and even if it's hard you need to except what WAS. I feel you tho.. it's not easy. I'm still trying to do all this stuff with my ex.
xx
Don't dwell on the past, be excited for the future. That chapter of your life has closed. It needed to happen in order for you to move on and grow. It just wasn't meant to be. You're new chapter may be even better that the last, you never know what could happen :) Trust in yourself that you will be ok. Even if you feel isolatedly alone, you will always have yourself x
I saw Fool, Coke, Much, Good and Malice.
Listen to 'Bowling Ball' by Superchick and 'Respect' by P!nk :p
Last week, I finally got rid of all the stuff from my first boyfriend. It felt very liberating. I stopped talking to him completely in February, two years after we broke up (he was an abusive, controlling jerk).
I usually watch rom coms or listen to loud music when I'm down.
Or maybe you need to figure out what about the situation you need closure for?
I don't know. But I hope you feel brigther soon, lovely.
<3
That could have been me writing that. You're never alone, take care honey x
Thanks for the comment! It's nice to know you don't think I'm boring <3
It will never change, and the only comfort you can have is knowing that you've grown in the process. xoxoxo love you
I know, I feel the exact same way! I hate that.
Post a Comment