Pages

Followers

Friday, October 22, 2010

I've Always Wanted More Than I Could Ever Hold


Welcome, everyone. It is currently 9.41am, and I am at work. Outside, it is going to reach 29 degrees (82 f), and this afternoon I am taking my grandmother grocery shopping to Aldi.

So, what do you have planned for today?

To answer your questions:
  • Yes, I do live in Australia. It's so lovely at the moment. Warm outside with a cool breeze. Puts me in the mood to flirt and dance. I'm not joking. It takes all of my strength not to get off the tram on the way to university and dance on every grassy garden I see, and there are many grassy gardens in Melbourne.
  • I am so close to being on what you call "Summer Break". Holidays work so differently here in Australia. In high school, you get Summer Holidays (6 weeks - middle of December to the start of February), and three short term breaks (2 weeks, each in March, June and Septermber). Uni, however, I get around 4 months of holidays in Summer and Winter. It is absolutely amazing. So, in a couple weeks, I will be free until March next year!
  • Lastly, I am up to Episode 5, Sesason 2 of Gossip Girl. I have a crush on each of the boys, especially Chuck. I also have a secret girl-crush on Serena. Gossip Girl just makes everything better.

So, let me know where you live, and also if you like Gossip Girl. If you have the time, explain to me how YOUR school holiday breaks work. I'm fairly sure they're quite different to ours.

20 comments:

Lola said...

I love Gossip Girl! I read all the books, and I was kind of too good for the show when it started. It's a lot different from the books. But I've since developed a love for the show separate from the books.

I'm in university in New York. I have a month off for winter (Christmas) break from the middle of December til the middle of January. The summer break is the beginning of May til the beginning of September!

Kat said...

I like gossip girl too, but I don't find myself with enough time for television lately. I live in the US, and we have a few random week long breaks, some around Easter and Christmas and a summer break from late June to early September. I don't really like how breaks work where I live. It sounds much more organized where you are. haha, I really love Australia.

Beth said...

I live in Aus too, in NSW though, I love it! Australia is the best hahaha. I have been to melbourne a few times, I want to go again. Have fun shopping with Granny!!
xx

Unknown said...

well i live somewhere near you so i feel exactly the same. did someone say roadtrip to the beach? today i will be wandering up to the gym in the sun. xo

marsh.sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marsh.sara said...

so this has totally made me want to visit australia! i am definetly goin to look into it. i want some beautiful hot sun and pretty grass to dance on lol. and i looove gossip girls i am soooo behind though. i think ill cathc up online. and i cant wait till you post pics of your xmas outfit, btw your blog is gorgeous! and i love the titles, songs right?
stay srong gorgeuos! :)

Casablanca said...

I LOVE GOSSIP GIRL. Love Blair/Leighton. Our breaks here are pretty similar to the US i think. We get summer holidays in both university (may-september) and highschool(june-september). Our winter holidays consist of two weeks off around Christmas, and we get a one week long "spring break" in March.

So glad to see you happy and dancing :)

Anonymous said...

Gossip Girl is my guilty pleasure that no one knows about but unfortunately I am about 2 seasons behind so I have some serious catching up to do.

Also, I love Aus ! I have only been to the east coast really but I am dying to go back and travel round the whole of Australia, soooo jealous you live there.

I'm from Scotland..yay. lol. I love it but it's not for everyone, a lot of rain and cold weather but I like that cause I get to cosy up with a big jumper and a cuppa :)

I'm happy that you're happy, I love those flirty/dancy moods too haha.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I should have gone to Uni in Australia! So lucky! I live in the US, so it's very different. I have summer vacation for about 4 months (May to August), then a winter break for about 4 weeks (from mind Dec. to mid Jan.). We also have a 1 week spring break in March. But that's about it :( The weather here is so chilly now! Enjoy the sun, and go dance in the grass!

Dani said...

i love teh gossip girl books ive only seen the first season of the show but i plan to evneutally buy the seasons and get caught up
and god ur so lucky its warm there
im in america new jersey to b exact and its getting cold here during the day it still stays in the 50-60's but at night it gets really cold but its gonna b droppping alot soon during the day here winter is coming

Anonymous said...

Aw the grass sounds lovely! And OMGoodness Aldi is amazing! >.< They have starting showing up over here in America ^^
What are your plans for the holiday?? Fun fun! Eh?

Gem!! said...

Sydney here!!
I know what you mean about the weather.
It's bloody awesome. I'm sitting here in knickers and a bra right now cos the weather is so lovely.

I'm glad it's warming up in Melbourne for you.
I thought that place would have still been a bit cool.

x

Alex said...

I know you probably won't read my comment after the hundreds you get already, but I'm glad things are going well for you. Stay skinny <3

Mia Hollow said...

i live in spain but i go to a british school here. i get 3 months summer holidays (june to september), 2 weeks winter holidays (1 in december and 1 in january), 2 weeks easter holidays and 1 week in november (which is soon - yay).
i dont know gossip girl, everytime i see the ad for it i think "oo i have to watch that" and then i forget lol

pixistix14 said...

i live in virginia... gay i know.. I never watch gossip girl although i read most of the books..

Mich said...

I could never get into Gossip Girl. :/ My sis used to watch it religiously.

I'm in New Jersey--autumn is in full swing and I LOVE IT. I'ts getting colder every day, and I keep my fingers crossed every night for a frost. Like summer makes you want to dance in grassy gardens, winter makes me want to dance around in the leaves. :D

xoxoxo

Eloise18 said...

I've never watched gossip girl.
I live in England...our school holidays go.
Start of academic year- September
one week holidays in October, March and May/June. 2-3 Weeks off at Christmas and Easter, 6 weeks off in July-August.

So I am now off school until the 1st of November on 'half-term' because its a holiday halfway through the term aka semester.

Tries to think of more random British facts...
erm
well.
Great Britain- refers to the geographical nature of England, Wales and Scotland on one island and nothern Ireland on the other.
I live in England which is a country but shares a government with the United Kingdom which refers to Wales, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. But each of those countries have the British government and their own house of assemblies.
Nationality wise I am British.

It's actually quite confusing when you're trying to find your country or nationality in a list online!

tah dah uber long EDUCATIONAL comment <3

teaspoon said...

MMMMMMMMM CHUCKBASS OHHOWILOVEHIM <3
you're sooo lucky you get awesome holidays. it sucks here D:
Well actually, not really now that I think about it haha. We get christian holidays + muslim holidays so it's quite good :) And winter here is PERFECT. It's the summer where it's extremely hot. Probably similar to Australia.

I love Vanessa (jessica szhor) her fashion sense is freaking awesome and i just wanna rip half of the clothes she wears off her! especially season 3.
jenny is so effing annoying.

Sarah Simone said...

oh my god, I had a friend that lived in Australia, it sounds amazing, I want to go there so badly.

I'm from New York, it's terribly cold here right now, lol.

Anonymous said...

I live in good ole southern Tennessee. hah (please don't think I have some horrible American country accent) I am, however, not a fan of Gossip Girl. Boo.