Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Week From Now You'll Wish That You Started Today


Last night, I learned that it is NOT good to eat sugary food after 6 days straight of hardly eating anything at all. Oh dear God!! I went out to a small get together, and ate some stuff there. And by "some stuff" I mean some chips/lollies/fruit etc. It wasn't even that much. So I got home at around midnight, and went pretty much straight to sleep. (Anyone else get incredibly tired after a reasonably-sized meal?) I woke up at around 2.30am, with a horrible stomach, and spent quite a while in the bathroom. With a plastic bag because I thought I was going to throw up. Oh God. It was terrible. I still have a stomach ache. I sure as hell learnt my lesson though!


Okay, so, what's motivating me for every single aspect of my life at the moment? This quote:
A week from now you'll wish that you started today.
I always start something, give up a couple days later, and then a week goes by SUPER quickly, and I'm kicking myself, because I should have just done it then! Anyway, this is why I'm ahead of my uni work, and am staying with my teeth whitening schedule, and all that jazz.


Assuming the lovely girl that knows me is reading this, I can't comment on your blog, obviously because people follow you that I know and I'd rather not risk it. BUT, I am more than happy for you to follow me and to read my blog, as long as it doesn't go further than that. Like, I don't want Jordan to know, or anyone else. That would be disasterous. Thank you for being so understanding. I'm glad it's you that found my blog, and noone else. :D


Okay, rant time.

There's this idea going around that anti-depressents rarely work. And that the best that they do, is "numb" feelings. But here's the thing. If you're medicated, and you're not feeling better, OR you're just feeling flat, you need to go back to your doctor, and either get a higher dose or try a new type. It's that simple. The meds work, as long as you do it right!!
I was put on Pristiq, 50mg, in January last year for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). A couple months later, I was feeling pretty bad again, so we increased the dose to 100mg. The same thing happened, and we went up to 150mg. Then again, and we tried 200mg. PERFECT! I have kept that dose for over 9 months now, and I feel wonderful on them.
I cannot stress enough how important it is to get your dose right! Anti-depressents shouldn't make you feel bad or flat or numb. They should allow you to feel like you used to before you became depressed. Most people don't get the perfect dose/med type the first time. You have to go back and get it right.




Deep breath.

...

Okay. Thank you. On a lighter note, it's Mother's Day, which is nice.
And tomorrow, I'm going to the zoo with my uni friends, which should be absolutely lovely. I'll admit that I'm pretty damn excited.

Oh, lastly, for no reason other than my absolute appreciation and thankfullness for enlightening my life, you should check out this blog: I Don't Skinny Dip...I Chunky Dunk
I cannot begin to explain how much fun I have reading it. And Eeshie is so adorable!

18 comments:

Dani said...

yeah stomach aches suck i get them alot i cant avoid them um try gingerale it really does hlep and curling up in a ball while laying on ur left side helps as well
im glad the perosn who found ur blog isnt gonan rat u out or netihng

Peridot (G+P) said...

*Applause*

THANK YOU!!! Someone needed to say it coherently! :D

*Hugs* I'm in the same situation with the sugar. Soooo disgusting and hyper right now. Killme?

<3

KindaUseless said...

Thankyou =] and I fully understand you not being able to follow my blog =]

Anonymous said...

Lovely post! I really enjoyed it. Keep your head up and your thoughts positive and you will do fine with your weight loss journey! Hope your feeling better. Enjoy the Zoo tomorrow!

Eeshie said...

THE ZOO?!? Can I come?!

Thanks for the awesome stuff about me! And hey, you're right: I AM pretty adorable...

:P

Unknown said...

omg i totally feel you on the anti depressant thing. i had the same problem with getting the right dose. it took 7 years to get it right lol. xo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rowan said...

That quote is great; very inspiring. As for the antidepressant thing, though, I have to disagree. I've been depressed all my life, and it's only worsened since I've been exposed to the cocktail of antidepressants and mood stabilizers. My last suicide attempt was almost definitely a result of the drug I was on. Now, don't get me wrong, I realize that medication does help in some cases. I just don't think it should be seen as the right solution for everyone. Since I took matters into my own hands and tapered off my meds, I'm feel like my mood has gotten better and I'm more in touch with the world around me.

AVY said...

Thank you for following, see you around :)

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



♥

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! i just started reading i was just poking around looking for blogs to read and i found yours! i know wht you mean when you dont eat for a couples days and then eat because your around friends or what not yes it makes you feel like crap i know! but anyways i am definately going to follow you and keep reading!(:
<3 brittney xoxo

GraceyJ said...

oh yes ive learnt the hard way about hardly eating then eating heaps of not so good food. not good eh ?
x

By All Means said...

Ugh those stomach aches are the worst. And I cant tell you how many times this quote has applied to me! Even right now, my certification test is in a little over 3 weeks and I'm not studying as much as I should be.

Madison said...

I admire your will power to go that long without eating.

Peridot (G+P) said...

P.S.

I so have to download that first pic and make it my desktop background!

Miles has hitched a lot before, and he's so nice to people it makes me feel bad for not picking up hitchers if there is a spare place in the car. I do feel guilty about not being able to pick them up when I'm on my bike, but I'd NEVER have to guts to do it if it was just me in the car. Hmm, maybe I'd just pick up the girl hitchikers? They're less threatening lol!

OMG YES the party was a blast! Ugh, you should have heard me trying to sing Abba. It was a nightmare! XD

Thank you for the kind words and the non-creepy hugs and kisses. All of that right back at you!

<3

Stephanie Scarpa said...

That's a lovely post!

Love
/S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com
♥

Anonymous said...

Just started reading your blog, you are absolutely wonderful. :)

That quote is so true. I feel that way alllllll the time.

Kim said...

reading your blog title " how can hearts so young feel so much pain" just remind me to myself, I've endured a lot of things. mostly family problems >.<, my mother =(, things with bestie, etc. but oh well, life without regrets and we are the only one that is responsible for our own happiness =D

Just Me said...

Hi, I recently started a blog at thinornot.blogspot.com. I'd like to have new followers, thanks :)