Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Holidays Begin!



So, I was finally intelligent enough to google the comment issue I was having, and it turns out quite a few people have had the same thing. And it was easily fixed. Time to go through all your blogs again and actually leave a comment!

This week, holidays started. I don't begin uni again until around the 20th of July, which I was pretty crushed about. But, I will be able to do a lot of work and exercise, so I shouldn't complain too much. My plan is to get super fit. Not necessarily to lose a heap of weight, but to be able to run for 30 minutes straight.

I have so much to write on here! And it's mostly all about weight/exercise etc, so if that bores you, just skip it! :P Okay. Here we go:

New Job
I have started a nanny job at a home about 20 minutes away, looking after a young girl with an intellectual disorder who needs full time care. It is amazing!! And she runs around a lot, so it will definitely help with getting fit.

My End of Year Goals
By December 31st, 2011, I want to have each of these crossed out and completed:
  • belly button piercing
  • able to run 20 minutes straight
  • wear a bikini in public
  • tan
  • wear a cropped t-shirt in public
  • grow my nails
  • have long, healthy hair
  • lose 10 kgs (55 kgs)
  • go a whole month without junk food
  • stop drinking
  • go to the beach
  • throw an awesome house party
  • wax my legs and underarms
  • get a professional tan
  • complete 100 consecutive push ups
  • do some volunteer work
  • build up a babysitting business
  • publish my blog on paper (for myself)
Current Rewards

75 kg
70 kg
65 kg - new books
60 kg - new jewellery
55 kg - belly button piercing
50 kg - bikini

My Dream Body




The Benefits of Getting Fit
  • Reduction in the risk of premature death from any cause.
  • Reduction in the risk of suffering from coronary heart disease.
  • Reduction in the risk of developing many different cancers.
  • Boosting your immune response to the level of someone half your age.
  • Losing weight naturally without having to ‘go on a diet’.
  • Sleeping better as exercise helps to reduce stress.
  • Feel great as your body feels more toned and relaxed.
"One recent study suggests that women who exercise an average of four hours a week have nearly a 60 percent lower risk of breast cancer, and that even one to three hours of exercise a week cuts a woman's risk by approximately 30 percent. Other research has found that regular exercise helps protect women against a variety of other diseases, including diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, and osteoporosis."

My Current Exercise Plan


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Sat
Sun
W 1
20th June
21st June
22nd June
23rd June
24th June
25th
26th

Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min exp
Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min express
Cardio – 30 mins C25K



Tummy Exercises
Legs Workout
Strength Workout
Bikini Ready Abs
Leg & Body Workout



Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1


W 2
27th June
28th June
29th June
30th June
1st July
2nd
3rd

Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min exp
Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min express
Cardio – 30 mins C25K



Leg & Body Workout
Tummy Exercises
Legs Workout
Strength Workout
Bikini Ready Abs



Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1


W 3
4th July
5th July
6th July
7th July
8th July
9th
10th

Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min exp
Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min express
Cardio – 30 mins C25K



Bikini Ready Abs
Leg & Body Workout
Tummy Exercises
Legs Workout
Strength Workout



Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1


W 4
11th July
12th July
13th July
14th July
15th July
16th
17th

Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min exp
Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min express
Cardio – 30 mins C25K



Strength Workout
Bikini Ready Abs
Leg & Body Workout
Tummy Exercises
Legs Workout



Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1


W 5
18th July
19th July
20th July
21st July
22nd July
23rd
24th

Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min exp
Cardio – 30 mins C25K
Zumba – 20 min express
Cardio – 30 mins C25K



Legs Workout
Strength Workout
Bikini Ready Abs
Leg & Body Workout
Tummy Exercises



Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1
Level 1




Strength Workout
25 oblique crunches right side
25 side leg lifts right side
50 crunches
50 leg lifts
50 sit ups
25 side leg lifts left side
25 oblique crunches left side
25 high-knees
25 jumping jacks

Legs Workout
25 lunges right side
25 side leg lifts right side
25 second plank hold
50 squats
25 side leg lifts left side
25 lunges left side
50 jumping jacks

Tummy Exercises

1. Lie on the floor with you knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Fold you hands behind you head. Curl your torso forward until you feel the small of your back flatten out on the floor. Keep your elbows back. Use your hands to cradle your head and take stain off of your neck. Do not pull yourself up with your arms. Slowly ease your torso back down to the floor. Exhale on the way up, inhale on the way down. Do 15-20 reps. 
2. Lie on a bench. Reach overhead and hold onto the bench. Raise both legs in the air until they are pointing toward the ceiling. Keep your knees slightly bent. Raise and lower your hips without lowering them all the way. Do 15-25 reps. 

3. Sit on the floor with your knees bent and hold your arms straight in front of you. Keeping your arms low, lean back until you're half way to the floor. Lift your feet off the floor and extend your legs until they are straight (Keep you legs low). Hold for up to 30 seconds. Do 1-10 reps. 

4. Lie on the floor with your knees bent. Raise your legs so that your hips and your knees are at 90 degree angles. Place your hands on your head, with your elbows on the floor. Twisting from the waist, bring your right elbow towards you left knee, and at the same time extend your right leg. (Your left elbow should remain on the ground. Complete the set on one said, then change to the other. Do not alternate. Do 15-20 reps. 
5. Lie on the floor with your knees bent and your feet together. Place your hands behind your head. Let both knees fall gently to one side with one leg on top of the other. Keep your elbows wide and curl straight up. Repeat on the other side. Do 15-25 reps. 




All this stuff, and more, can be found here: http://seriousaboutskinny11.tumblr.com/





Also, if you're interested, I'm participating in this reserach:
Hello, My name is Daphna Yeshua-Katz and I am a graduate student in the Department of Telecommunications at Indiana University. I have read your blog and would like to invite you to participate in my study about pro-ana bloggers. I am very interested in learning about your motivations for publishing your blog, as well as the benefits the blog may provide to both you and your readers. Ideally, the interview would take place over the phone or via Skype. However, if you don’t feel comfortable with either of these approaches, I would be happy to send my questions to you via email. I can schedule the interview at convenient day and time for you. Whichever method you choose, please know that your identity will be kept anonymous and your answers will stay strictly confidential. You are also welcome to ask me any questions about the study at any time. You can contact me by email at dyeshuak@indiana.edu or phone +1- 812-3204517. In the meantime, you can learn more about me here: http://www.indiana.edu/~telecom/people/grads/dyeshuak.shtml. I hope to hear from you soon. Best regards, Daphna Yeshua-Katz P.S. If you know more pro-ana bloggers that would be interested in participating in this study please feel free to forward them this invitation.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOH i love the workouts! Mind if i join you? I've been slacking off in the strength workouts, especially, and focused mainly on running :D

xx

Dani said...

i got that email too but i cant do it i orignally told her i coudl and then reading the contract she sent me freaked me otu and realized i cant pu tmsyelf otu there like that let me know how it is though since ur doing it
ur workouts sound great

H said...

And I was going to ask for people to recommend workouts today since I've been looking to change it up. Guess I don't have to now. Thanks a lot pretty :)

xoxo,
H.

Twigs Can Fly said...

Oh thank fuck! If it weren't for you I'd never have thought to google and fix everything xD

How've you been m'dear? x

Twigs Can Fly said...

Oh thank fuck! If it weren't for you I'd never have thought to google and fix everything xD

How've you been m'dear? x

Lolita said...

I love the end of year goal idea so much you've inspired me to do a post on it! And exercise is so important to me as I have family history of so many diseases and stress so I don't want these diseases and stress either! Great post, I love it :D

Gabi said...

I don't know if you know this, but not eating/digesting food for long periods of time actually puts your body into "starvation mode", where it puts on fat from everything you eat. It's a better model to eat small snacks throughout the day. kdone :P

Thank you for the comment! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my before and after. :)
Good luck on those goals, I know you can do it. A lot of those goals are mine too, and I'm hoping to have them all completed soon.
Thanks for the thinspo, and informational stuff. Still reading through it all.

Eloise18 said...

wow that sounds like my perfect job. the kids I babysit are spoilt little rich kids mainly...or so shy they don't do anything :/
good luck with the exercise plan! x

Eloise18 said...

oH also I did that research, I had my interview last Friday :) x

Anonymous said...

the body with the red frill bathing suit is on point. I need to get back in the gym. Nonetheless, good luck with the workout plan.

more2lose said...

I love your blog and I'm going to steal your idea for the 2011 goals, if you don't mind. I have no doubt you will complete every one of your goals.
My blog is fairly new, but I'd love for you to check it out. :)

Mich said...

Good luck with your goals! The workout plan sounds awesome. <3

I got that survey thing too, but I think it got stuck in my spam filter, as I got an email about someone trying to post it in a comment, but then the comment never showed up... let us know if it's legit!

xoxo

Eeshie said...

Wow. Your dedication to losing weight is inspiring!

Peridot (G+P) said...

Can you let Amaris Starshine know about the comment problem fix? shes been getting a bit pissed off about it >.<

EEEEEEEEEEEE I love your plan! :D And the goals. I need to set some too.

Re: 100 Pushups- USE CORRECT TECHNIQUE OR YOU'LL ASSRAPE YOUR BACK. Seriously its better to do 25 PROPER ones than 100 half-assed ones. Your body will love you and the right muscle groups will be worked :)

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

xoxoxoxo

amelia said...

Omg i actually love that exercise plan ! your so mptivational :) good luck with that reasearch thingy and with the weight loss bt i cn tell yur determined enough yu'll do it x

Sorcerer said...

The workout plans sounds great!
:)

scared blogger said...

Your blog is so cool,
Ive started a new blog, U can follow if you like, xx

http://braveaportion.blogspot.com/

Peridot (G+P) said...

HUGS ARE GOOD!!! I think the only people I'd refuse hugs from are exceedingly creepy people. YOU are not one of them :)

I hope you're ok. I do worry about people when they drop off the radar :(

LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the idea of 'The Process' on the side of your page. Think i'm kinda doing the same thing. Completely starting life from a blank canvas again (: woo. Love the blog (:

Sarah Simone said...

Hi :D My name is Sarah tooooo.
Just wanted to say that I loved your blog. Especially the 'Diet' and 'Books' pages. I followed your tumblr too!
xo

Wild Things Grow Here said...

I really need to work out! I need to loose weight desparatly but i have no inspiration or motivation!
I weigh about 8.5 stone, which is 53kg (Im from the UK, we weigh in 'stones') but this is all pretty much on my legs, as my weight seems to go to my legs! Ive been looking for things to do, and i like the sound of Zumba! :)
Oo, you're brave getting your belly button pierced, i wouldnt have the courage!

http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/