I'm taking your advice and looking on the brighter side of life
Followers
Thursday, July 22, 2010
I'm Not Afraid
So, bad news. I might have to end this early. I have siblings with tonsillitis, and it is likely I'm on my way to have it as well. Sore throat, cough, runny nose. Dirty, sick kids I was babysitting last week. Gorgeous children, but unwell. So, as it's looking at the moment, this will continue today and tomorrow. Perhaps on Saturday or even Friday night I will have to go back to eating 'better' in order to prevent getting incredibly sick. It looks like there'll be 4 of us at home tomorrow in bed. Joy.
Positives - less likely to eat, only want toast and soup, no 'bad' foods
Negatives - weight loss will stop, unable to exercise, trouble continuing with my sit-up challenge (possibly - can you do sit ups when you feel unwell?)
But yes, I have uni in one week. I am looking forward to it immensely. If I am unwell, I will not be happy. I mean, I like the control counting calories and restricting gives me, but certain things (uni, my grandmother) are more important. I still have fairly healthy priorities somewhat.
My food control is more of a defense mechanism. It's a way to think about and obsess over something that doesn't hurt to think about. It's absolutely fantastic.
Anyway, what I WILL continue to do, is count calories, keep a record of what I eat, and exercise. I am somewhat very incredibly afraid of binging, and because of that, I plan on making a weekly food plan which includes 'bad' foods, hopefully preventing the occurence of a four-day-binge. Sigh. Does anyone else understand or do this?
Anyway, I can't breathe properly. My nose is epic blocked. How I hate the feeling of nose mucus. And now I feel like throwing up. Mind you, I'm still on my quest for skinny.
________________________________________________________
Just talked to mum. Everyone's sick. I'm off to have a sandwhich. I can still do this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I completely understand. My priority is to get skinny, but I'm also incredibly focused on school and other important things. I'm not going to let my quest for thin ruin my chances at getting a good job later or getting into graduate school.
I also plan out my food for the week, to avoid a binge. It doesn't always work, but at least I try!
I hope you feel better!! Don't worry about the food while you're sick- worry about getting better. That's the important thing- that you're better by the time uni starts :) Good luck!
Aw Liz, I really, really appreciate that! Thank you, gorgeous. :) <3
Post a Comment