Pages

Followers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

You Tried Your Best And You Knew It Wouldn't Last


Okay, I want to make a rough mental health timeline. Bear with me.

6 years old - separation anxiety - saw a social worker

At 7 years old - first memory of OCD - counting/walking/performing in fives - this continued and progressively got worse, with the number changing at some point from five to three

Between the ages of 13 and 16, I:
  • experienced my first breakdown
  • had my OCD increase in severity
  • became moderately depressed
  • experienced phobias of a number of various stimuli and situations including aeroplans and lifts -
  • attempted suicide
  • began to self harm
  • abused pain medication
  • saw a psychologist

Between the ages of 17 and 18, I:
  • experienced a second breakdown
  • self-harmed
  • had anger management issues
  • started to see another psychologist
  • experienced selective mustism
  • became agoraphobic
  • had severe social anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder
  • had severe OCD and moderate depression
  • was verbally, physically and sexually abused by a partner
  • experienced a third breakdown
  • had severe deprssion
  • became severely agorapobic and socially anxious
  • refused counselling and was put on antidepressants
  • started to count calories, restrict food and exercise
  • worked my way over 3 months to becoming close to fully functioning

And there you go. Quite sad, really. And I know there are things that I probably missed, but that's the general experience. I don't know. I needed to write it somewhere. That's pretty much everything that I have experienced and been diagnosed with. Sigh. It's 1.38pm. That's all I have to say for now.

3 comments:

Mia Hollow said...

it started really early for you, didnt it? wow

carla's diet plan said...

hi, i live in Italy and lucky for me i learned english in 6 grade. i like your blog it's very inspirational. i even started my own blog. please give me support.

Liz said...

I'm sorry babe :( I wish I could kiss it and make it better, but it doesn't work that way. I'm here if you need me, ok?