Pages

Followers

Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Walking On A Dream


It's nearly 8pm, and today, I went shopping! I bought a pair of jeans, a jacket, two tops, two pairs of shoes, and two pairs of leggings. It was quite enjoyable. I do enjoy shopping by myself. I mean, I can't say that I have fun looking at myself in the changing room mirrows, but I like to buy new things. Plus, I only spent about $140 AUD, so that was pretty good. I just needed some new clothes for uni.

Everytime I think about uni, I get excited. I hope I don't get there and find it stressful or boring. That would just suck. I really want to be super nerdy. You see, in high school, I was part of the half-nerd group. Not the super smart kids, but the ones that cared about their marks. I enjoyed it. I still hang out with this group at least once a week on average. However, at uni, I somehow became part of the 'cool' group. You know, the one that goes out every weekend, smokes and drinks, and always has relationships going on? Yeah, that one. The one with all the cute guys, and the invites. It's nice, but I've never been one for going out all night. I'm just happy with the friends that I have. I don't care about what group type I'm in.

Anyway, time to go waste away my Friday night. I have a hens night tomorrow night, so I will need to shop for a new dress tomorrow. Joy.

9 comments:

Mia Hollow said...

i enjoy shopping by myself too, or with my mum cause she tends to buy me things if she likes them and ive tried them on for her, lol. i sound like i just use her to buy me things :S dont get me wrong please lol.
hope u find a really nice dress xxxx

Anonymous said...

I love shopping! I usually get in such a stress about how clothes don't fit me right, or how fat I look in the changing room, but it's always great motivation. I can't wait til I can go shopping for a whole new skinny wardrobe :)
I know what you mean about the groups. Sometimes it gets a bit tiring being one of the "cool" people. You've just got to do what you want, and ignore what others think.
And Uni will be awesome for you! Stay strong honey :) x

Lulu said...

I LOVE shopping by myself, it's good friends not pressurising you hurry up or judging what you pick up or the size!

sounds like a good buy tho :)

I start uni in late september and am getting VERY nervous! I just want a good group of friends. You will be fine xx

Mich said...

This makes me want to shop! I'll have to resist until I can get my first unemployment check, so it's nice to live vicariously through your shopping. :D

Dani said...

i love/hate shopping cause nutting fit me right its alwasy to big which i love so much but im not small enough yet to fit in kids clothes
ggod luck with uni u will do great

pixistix14 said...

I need to go shopping so bad! But money is tight :( I start Univ soon I hope I'm in a good crowd.. I was pretty popular in High school so let's see!

what if summer... said...

The calming effects of retail therapy are undeniable!

Liz said...

Ooh sounds like fun!! I'm glad you got some good, cheap stuff :)

Anonymous said...

Hey. I usually shop by myself, and enjoy it! I honestly cannot stand to shop with my friends. But that's probably because I'm a guy. I know what I want to buy, I go into the shop, look where I can find it, try it on, and buy it. Thats it haha.
I'm sure you will do great at the uni! :)