Pages

Followers

Monday, June 21, 2010

I Live In Notes And Photographs



I ended up weighing myself this morning. I knew that I wouldn't hold off. It's such an obsession. It was okay, though, because I didn't gain. Anyway, its 4.20pm now. All I've had today is gum (5 cals), and I don't plan on eating until dinner.

I vacuumed my car out so it's all clean now. It was a pretty good workout as well. I know that my arms were killing me. I think I might start exercising soon. I haven't lost in a couple days. Maybe some simple exercises (sit ups, crunches, push ups etc.). Eventually I'll get back into cardio, but not yet.

I'll update on here soon.

______________________________________________________

It's just past 8pm. I've had a pretty grand day. Not much has happened, and I guess that's always good.

For dinner, I had a small piece of lasagne and some oven chips. I said no to salad covered in dressing, and to homemade garlic bread that smelt divine. I'm quite proud of myself. Even after that dinner, I felt so full. I really don't like feeling full at all. I much prefer feeling empty, hearing my stomach growl. It's so simple to go a whole day with only diet pepsi, gum and tictacs. I think I kept my intake during the day below 20 cals. I also drink a lot of water, and make sure that I'm doing something. If I feel like I might eat, I chew gum, and that is satisfying enough.

Right now, I'm doing some study for uni next semester. This chapter is quite facinating. It discusses the physiological and psychological aspects of hunger.

Settling-point theory proposes that weight tends to drift around the level at which the constellation of factors that determine food consumption and energy expenditure achieve an equilibrium. This view claims weight tends to remain stable as long as there are no durable changes in any of the factors that influence it. It asserts that if an obese person makes long-term changes in eating or exercise his or her settling point will drift downward without active resistance.

Interesting, right? There's more if anyone is interested? Just let me know.

______________________________________________________

It's 10.31pm. My brother came into my room a little while ago and told me that he had brough me home a burger from McDonalds (where he works). Amazingly, I turned it down straight away. I felt bad, but it was better than eating it or throwing it away.

I'm gonna go to bed soon, but I'm not that tired, and my stomach is quite hungry. I just had a shower, and I'm going to study for a bit longer, and then I shall see if sleep will come.

Good news is, I get to hang out with my little cousins on Friday. Bad news, it's because a family-friend passed away. It was terrible. He was very sick, and younger than my father. It's quite scary.
On a lighter note, I've almost finished summarising 2/8 chapters for psychology next semester.

Anyway, bed now.

No comments: